Sunday, September 27, 2020

Wheel of TBR #18, September 27th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. On the first week of the month, I'll do 12 spins, for books that I'll have all month to read. For each week for the rest of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 4 or more times in a month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 4 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.

Of the books from the last week, I read A Stranger in Town, Night of the Dragon, and Loveboat, Taipei. I'm a little worried about the monthly rolls, since there's only 4 days left in the month, but I can always take a punishment. I don't want to, though, so I'll try and get them all read!

Of the books from the monthly roll, I read The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski, Faith by Julie Murphy, The Glass Queen by Gena Showalter, so I have Smoke in the Sun by Renee Addieh, The Tiger at Midnight by Swati Teerdhala, The Survivor by Bridget Tyler, You Were Never Here by Kathleen Peacock, The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason, left.

This week I read the past wheel picks of Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston, Good Girls Lie by J.T. Ellison, so I have 12 past spins left, Sisters of Sword and Song by Rebecca Ross, Fortuna by Kristyn Merbeth, We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal, Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson, Twin Daggers by MarcyKate Connolly, The Summer Set by Aimee Agresti, Set Fire to the Gods by Sara Raasch and Kristen Simmons, Crownchasers by Rebecca Coffindaffer, Changes in Latitudes by Jen Malone, Ghost Wood Song by Erica Waters, The Falling in Love Montage by Ciara Smyth, Master of One by Jaida Jones and Dani Bennett.

Prompts Used This Week:
RR Book, For Fans Of, WTC Book, DAC Book, LLFL Book, Hype, Dobby Pick, Steal a Book, Mood Read, ARC-Edelweiss, Reading Challenge Prompt, End the Series.

RR Book-Spring Green-Ill Wind by Rachel Caine-This book was an RR book for post 443, so it works!

For Fans Of-Azure-There Will Come a Darkness by Katy Rose Pool-The synopsis says "Perfect for fans of Throne of Glass, Children of Blood and Bone, and An Ember in the Ashes." so it works!

WTC Book-Violet-The Veil by Chloe Neill-This book was featured in post 435, so it works as a WTC Book!

DAC Book-Chartreuse-Pride and Premeditation by Tirzah Price-This is the first published book by Tirzah Price, so it works!

LLFL Book-Chartreuse-Mist by Susan Krinard-This is book 55 in the post, so it works!

Hype-Green-A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik-I've heard some really great things about this book, and I can't wait to read it!

Dobby Pick-Magenta-Blood Rites by Jim Butcher-I picked 3 books, put treats on them, and this is the book that he picked.

Steal a Book-Spring Green-The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson-Becca from Becca and the Books on Youtube, put both parts of this book on her September TBR, so I'm stealing it for mine! Hopefully I'll read this book in the remaining days of September!

Mood Read-Yellow-This book is free to be whatever book I feel like!

ARC-Edelweiss-Violet-Sherwood by Meagan Spooner-I got this book from Edelweiss, so it works!

Reading Challenge Prompt-Blue-Has a Map in It-The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson-This book has 2 maps in it, so it definitely counts!

End the Series-Violet-Shadowsong by S. Jae-Jones-This is the 2nd book and the end of the series of the Wintersong series, so it works!

Colour Totals:
Red: 0
Orange: 0
Yellow: 1
Chartreuse: 2
Green: 1
Spring Green: 2
Cyan: 0
Azure: 1
Blue: 1
Violet: 3
Magenta: 1
Rose: 0

Prompts for Next Week:
Recommends-Red
Restart the Series-Orange
Continue the Series-Yellow
2+ Authors-Chartreuse
Less Than 500 Reviews-Green
Number-Spring Green
Big Book-Cyan
New Author-Azure
Highest Rated-Blue
2nd Chance-Violet
Cover Sterotype-Magenta
Buddy Read-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!