Saturday, December 2, 2023

Week 48 Review: Tempting the Best Man

From Goodreads:
Madison Daniels has worshiped her brother's best friend since they were kids. Everyone thinks she and Chase Gamble would make the perfect couple, but there are two major flaws in their logic. 1) Chase has sworn off relationships of any kind and 2) after blurring the line between friends and lovers for one night four years ago, they can't stop bickering.

Forced together for her brother's wedding getaway, Chase and Madison decide to call a truce for the happy couple. Except all bets are off when they're forced to shack up in a tacky '70s honeymoon suite and survive a multitude of "accidents" as the family tries to prove their "spark" can be used for more than fighting. That is, if they don't strangle each other first...

My first review of Tempting the Best Man
My Review:
I had a really fantastic time reading this book again! I love Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing, I just love her romances, they always work so well! And these two, who he's her brother's best friend, and that they had a one night...yeah, it's complicated! 

Their interactions together were just so entertaining! Some of the situations that they get into, like her car breaking down, to being locked into a building, yeah, it was so much fun to read their story! I couldn't get enough! 

That it's set at her brother's wedding, well, all her family is around them, while they're together in the honeymoon suite, and family is trying to get them together...yeah. Just the perfect ingredients for your own romance! 

The whole conflict, of between the fact that he's best friends with her brother, and that he didn't have a good father figure growing up and figures that he'd screw up his own relationship, well, I can understand why he could feel that way, but it's kinda of a self-fulfilled prophecy. So I'm glad that they worked things out! 

Loved reading this book and I can't wait to continue on with the series with the rest of his brothers finding romance! 

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Gamble Brothers #1
First Read: December 18th, 2020
Read: December 1st, 2023
Source: Audible
Reason Why: Rereading, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Tantor Audio
Published: April 23rd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!