Saturday, December 9, 2023

Week 49 Review: Stolen Time

From Goodreads:
Seattle, 1913

Dorothy spent her life learning the art of the con. But after meeting a stranger and stowing away on his peculiar aircraft, she wakes up in a chilling version of the world she left behind—and for the first time in her life, realizes she's in way over her head.

New Seattle, 2077

If there was ever a girl who was trouble, it was one who snuck on board Ash's time machine wearing a wedding gown—and the last thing he needs is trouble if he wants to prevent his terrifying visions of the future from coming true. 

My first review of Stolen Time
My Review:
I'm really glad that I reread this book. It's been a while, and given that it's a time travel book, the details are something that I need to have. And since I have access to the 2nd book in audio as well just made it an easy discission to pick up this book! 

This band of characters, spanning a range of time, who disappeared, so was perfect for this team...yeah. Such a cool concept! Plus there's the dystopian aspect, because New Seattle never recovered from the earthquakes. Putting the two together, with all the time travel shenanigans, was just so entertaining! 

I really enjoyed this story that was about a girl who was raised with the art of the con being brought to the future, alongside a pilot, also from the past, as they try to find out what happened to the Professor, the guy who cracked the secret of time travel. Oh, there was there a lot of adventure in this book! 

But that ending? Man, that was a reveal and a half! Right before, we had that little bit of information, so I had an inkling that there was something there-but I didn't fully get it until it happened! I can't wait to see what's going to happen next! 

Loved reading this and I can't wait to continue on! 

Author: Danielle Rollins
Series: Dark Stars #1
First Read: November 5th, 2020
Read: December 5th, 2023
Source: Own/Library
Reason Why: Rereading to finish the series, and it's a Historical Fiction 2023 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: February 5th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!