Saturday, November 16, 2013

Week 46 Review: Burning Blue

From Goodreads:
How far would you go for love, beauty, and jealousy?

When Nicole Castro, the most beautiful girl in her wealthy New Jersey high school, is splashed with acid on the left side of her perfect face, the whole world takes notice. But quiet loner Jay Nazarro does more than that--he decides to find out who did it. Jay understands how it feels to be treated like a freak, and he also has a secret: He's a brilliant hacker. But the deeper he digs, the more danger he's in--and the more he falls for Nicole. Too bad everyone is turning into a suspect, including Nicole herself.

My Review:
This book was so creepy! I loved all the twists and turns, and that we legitimately had to suspect Nicole of orchestrating being hit with the acid. Because that just made it all the more creepy, especially when we find out who did have it done!

I enjoyed Jay, and how he fit into the world, because he wasn't a joiner, he was a part of a few groups, but not really, and yeah, I enjoyed his investigation, and all the turns there were! And then Nicole, seeing her thoughts from her journal, that was great!

Jay wasn't the only one hacking to find out who had done it, and yeah, I loved how that was involved, because it was more complicated then it first seemed. And that was something that I was sad about, but it made sense!

These characters were real. They had flaws, like Jay, who wanted to be invisible, since the one incident, to Nicole, who, yeah, in her journals, wrote some things that made her a valid suspect. And that was just great!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was just so good and entertaining, and now I know that Paul Griffin is an author to watch!

Author: Paul Griffin
Read: November 12th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a SAC 2013 Book!
Publisher: Dial
Published: October 24th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!