Saturday, November 30, 2013

Week 48 Review: Teardrop

From Goodreads:
Never, ever cry... Seventeen-year-old Eureka won't let anyone close enough to feel her pain. After her mother was killed in a freak accident, the things she used to love hold no meaning. She wants to escape, but one thing holds her back: Ander, the boy who is everywhere she goes, whose turquoise eyes are like the ocean. And then Eureka uncovers an ancient tale of romance and heartbreak, about a girl who cried an entire continent into the sea. Suddenly her mother's death and Ander's appearance seem connected, and her life takes on dark undercurrents that don't make sense. Can everything you love be washed away?

My Review:
Ah, I enjoyed this book so much! I mean, it's the first book of Lauren Kate's that I've read the first book in the series before, and a stand alone, so it's not a new experience, but it's one that got dusted off, and yeah, it was just a really interesting book!

So first off, the idea behind it, the transferring of tears, and the magic, and Atlantis stuff, that was just so interesting, that half the reason that I wanted to read this book, the other half, of course, being that I love Lauren Kate's writing, so I had to read it!

I felt bad for Eureka and Ander, because they are in a pretty tough situation, and being pushed and pulled by outside sources, including his group, and her dad, and then when you add in her step-mom, yeah, she wasn't nice, but she was a mom to her kids-just that Eureka wasn't her's.

The ending? They shouldn't have cornered her. That just caused what they were trying to prevent, so yeah, that was an epic fail in planning! And then her friend being possessed by whatever that was, yeah, all the more incentive to read the next book, because I want to read it so badly!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and I can't wait for Waterfall, it's going to be awesome!

Author: Lauren Kate
Series: Teardrop #1
Read: November 28th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good, enjoyed the Fallen series, and it's a WoW Book!
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Published: October 22nd 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!