Saturday, November 30, 2013

Week 48 Review: Some Quiet Place

From Goodreads:
I can’t feel sadness, anger, or fear. I can’t feel anything. I’ve grown talented at pretending.

Elizabeth Caldwell doesn’t feel emotions . . . she sees them in human form. Longing hovers around the shy, adoring boy at school. Courage materializes beside her dying friend. Fury and Resentment visit her abusive home. They’ve all given up on Elizabeth because she doesn’t succumb to their touch. All, that is, except beautiful Fear, who sometimes torments her and other times plays her compassionate savior. He’s obsessed with finding the answer to one question: What happened to Elizabeth to make her this way?

They both sense that the key to Elizabeth’s condition is somehow connected to the paintings of her dreams, which show visions of death and grief that raise more questions than answers. But as a shadowy menace begins to stalk her, Elizabeth’s very survival depends on discovering the truth about herself. When it matters most, she may not be able to rely on Fear to save her.

My Review:
Oh, wow, what a great book! So unique, I mean, emotions and seasons, and pretty much everything in nature, personified? To touch you, and give you the emotion? Such an awesome idea, and it played out so great on the page, that I wanted more, and so yeah, glad that there's a spin off book!

Loved Elizabeth, because she was someone I could connect to, weird as it is. Because her not feeling emotions? I'm about half like that. Though a) I don't see the actually emotions in shapes similar to human beings, giving their purpose, our feelings, with a touch, and b) I have the emotions, but I don't feel them, and Elizabeth just plain doesn't have them. Or does she? Because it turns out, yeah, she does, and she's been blocking them.

So yeah, there was that mystery, there was the power that was stalking her, that turned out to be a older foe then imagined, going back to the days in the drams that she has, that she paints, of Rebecca and her twin brother, Landon, who died.

And then that it turns out that Elizabeth is Rebecca, that the original Elizabeth died being hit by the car, and Rebecca got her shape changed to Elizabeth's, and then had Denial put on an illusion so the Emotions couldn't touch her. Because Elizabeth, and Landon, are/were children of Life. And yeah, that just made things complicated, because the one stalking Elizabeth/Rebecca was the one that killed Landon-Nightmare. Yeah.

I loved Fear, and how he wanted a taste of her terror, and got it, and the strange lady that she thought was Rebecca, but turned out to  be Denial, and yeah, I did feel a bit sorry for Joshua, because as Rebecca admits, she used him. But she does bring his dad's land back to life, so I guess that helps, and that there was a girl with a crush at school. Yep.

Oh, did I love this book, it was so freaking good, amazing, wonderful, and I want another book with Rebecca and Fear, not just a companion novel, because I want Rebecca to find her mom, and more about her dad!!!

Author: Kelsey Sutton
Series: Some Quiet Place #1
Read: November 26th, 2013
Source: Tuebl/NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC Book!
Publisher: Flux
Published: July 8th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!