Saturday, November 30, 2013

Week 48 Review: Rogue

From Goodreads:
Okay, so cats don't always land on their feet. 

I know that better than most. Since rejoining the Pride, I've made big decisions and even bigger mistakes: the kind paid for with innocent lives. As the first and only female enforcer, I have plenty to prove to my father, the Pride, and myself. And with murdered toms turning up in our territory, I'm working harder than ever, though I always find the energy for a little after-hours recreation with Marc, my partner both on- and off-duty.

But not all of my mistakes are behind me. We're beginning to suspect that the dead are connected to a rash of missing human women and that they can all be laid at my feet--two or four, take your pick. And one horrible indiscretion may yet cost me more than I can bear...

My first review of Rogue
My Review:
This book was just awesome! I had a pretty good idea of what happened in this book, like the fact that she turned her ex-boyfriend into a shifter, and that the events of this book led to the trial in the next one, but I had forgotten when she had done that, the biting of the boyfriend.

So yeah, this book was just an action packed, awesome book! We get to see Faythe really settle back into her life, where as the previous one was introductory, this one gave us some more deeper details about their life and how things work!

I really enjoyed the case, and how they worked it, and all the clues that came in, and yeah, I know the events in this book are really going to play out in some not so good ways, but yeah, we're not at the point of the consequences yet, so we can just enjoy this sometimes good stuff while it lasts (by good, I mean the good stuff for Faythe, not that parts in the book aren't as good!)

Really good ending, explosive, exactly what we needed, and getting us headed in the direction of the next book, and yeah, while it was sad about her ex, well, sometimes bad things happen because of the actions of the good guys, and there's really nothing you can do about it!

Really enjoyed rereading this book, and I can't wait to reread more!

Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: Shifters #2
First Read: November 18th, 2011
Read: November 28th, 2013
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Mira Books
Published: April 1st 2008
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!