Saturday, November 23, 2013

Week 47 Review: Star Cursed

From Goodreads:
With the Brotherhood persecuting witches like never before, a divided Sisterhood desperately needs Cate to come into her Prophesied powers. And after Cate's friend Sachi is arrested for using magic, a war-thirsty Sister offers to help her find answers—if Cate is willing to endanger everyone she loves.

Cate doesn't want to be a weapon, and she doesn't want to involve her friends and Finn in the Sisterhood's schemes. But when Maura and Tess join the Sisterhood, Maura makes it clear that she'll do whatever it takes to lead the witches to victory. Even if it means sacrifices. Even if it means overthrowing Cate. Even if it means all-out war.

My Review:
This book! It hurt! After that big decision that Cate made, well, it just gives a good indication of the direction this series is going in-dark, for the good of the many, instead of her own good, and that thins are going to get worse before they get better!

It kept the conflict coming, that was for sure! Between the whole threat of her being a witch, in the times with the Brotherhood rounding up any woman who gives a hint of being against them, her sisters coming and all the drama that brought, Finn and all that she wasn't able to tell him, and power struggles starting in the Sisterhood because their leader is dying. It made for a very entertaining book!

Cate and Finn's relationship! I thought that it was a goner after Born Wicked, because yeah, she couldn't tell him why she rejected him, but it's still there, and it was just so good! I loved how they worked together, he agreed with her, because he's smart, and knows when her plans have merit, instead of arguing because he's a guy, and wants to make the plan!

My heart hurts after the ending! I mean, we should've had a warning, from how Born Wicked ended, like I said above. But I didn't take notice of it, so this ending just hit hard! It ratcheted up the tension, everything, until it was unbearable, then let it go, but letting us know, it's going to be in the next book!

I loved this book so much! So entertaining, and I know I just want that last book now!

Author: Jessica Spotswood
Series: The Cahil Witch Chronicles #2
Read: November 20th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Enjoyed the first book, and it's a Historical Fiction 2013 Book and a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: G.P. Putnum's Sons
Published: June 18th 2013
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!