Saturday, November 23, 2013

Week 47 Review: Accidentally in Love With...A God?

From Goodreads:
Trapped for decades, a powerful god seeks freedom . . . and revenge. But the only thing that can save him is the passion of a woman's touch . . . 

Emma Keane is your average city girl trying to get a date. There's just one thing holding her back: the disembodied male voice speaking to her through her mind. Sound kind of crazy? Maybe. But crazy turns downright deadly when the voice persuades her to travel to the wilds of the Mayan jungle. There she will free his body-his incredibly hot, muscled, naked body.

Humans are so frail, so undisciplined, so susceptible to love. And when this ancient being connects with Emma, the feelings she sparks drive him utterly mad. Protective, keep-her-close, never-let-her-go kind of mad. Which might not be such a bad thing because from the moment the beautiful, passionate Emma unshackles his body, they are hunted at every turn. Now he'll have to do everything in his power to keep her safe. But will it be enough? 

My Review:
I really wanted to read this book! I mean, I read a teaser of the originally published book, and it was just so enticing! So when I had a chance to read the whole thing from NetGalley, I just jumped! I wanted to read more, it sounded so good, and it was!

I just love that in the beginning, we're not sure whether or not to think her crazy or not. And then we get the POV of the voice in her head, and yeah, all these options are suddenly there, that he's a god, and he has these powers, and he can only talk to her, and she's basically his only hope of getting out.

There were a few things that bugged me about this book, mostly his 1940's narration, his memories that turn out to be pretty important, something about them bugged me. And then a few word choices, the words chosen got underneath my skin a bit!

Emma, she has something special. And that kinda sucks for her, because that leads to all these problems. And yeah, she doesn't have the best luck in some of the people around her, one notable exception, well, 2, but most of the rest of them, not really good choices!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was funny and great, and I need to read more!

Author: Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
Series: Accidentally Yours #1
Read: November 18th, 2013
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good!
Publisher: Forever
Published: October 29th 2013
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!