Saturday, November 23, 2013

Week 47 Review: At Any Price

From Goodreads:
Achievement Unlocked: Geek Virgin

When Mia Strong, proud geek-girl and popular gaming blogger, auctions off her virginity online, she knows she'll make waves. But what she will not be making is a love connection. Her rules are set in stone: One night. No further contact.

It's a desperate step, but it's the only way she can go to medical school and pay her mother's mounting hospital bills.

Difficulty Level: Millionaire CEO 

Adam Drake, the enigmatic auction winner, is a software prodigy who made his first million at seventeen. Now, in his mid-twenties, he's sexy, driven and--as CEO of his own gaming company--he's used to making the rules. Before Mia knows what's happening, he's found the loophole in the rules of her auction. Every stipulation she's made to protect her heart gets tossed by the wayside.

She can't tell if he's playing her...or if he's playing for keeps.

My Review:
This book is one the best books that I read in 2013. I mean, I hadn't heard of it one day, then I requested and got it from NetGalley, and then the pages were turning, they couldn't have turned fast enough, and then when I got to the ending, it was like, "NO!!!!! I WANT MORE!!!!" And I still do!

The whole concept of her selling her virginity, that's a pretty out there idea. And Mia just rocks it. She has real reasons for doing it, and she's right, it's just a piece of skin, in her body, that really, doesn't mean anything in this world. So why not make some money off it it when she needs the money for her mom and for her schooling?

Mia and Adam's dynamic, was just electric. They have a connection that only Adam had known at first-that he was a gamer in their group that the other two group members thought had a crush on her, and yeah, when she found that out, it was not fun-for either of him, but mainly him, because she did not like that hidden truth!

Their relationship had a lot of ups and downs. He didn't want her to go through with it, and she did, and then there were all the personal things that come up when their relationship evolves from a transaction to something infinitely more, because the personal stuff makes the ups higher, and the downs lower. It was a very bumpy ride!

I just loved this book so much, it was just so good and entertaining, I just wanted to have more! And we're going to get more of something, seeing as it's the first book in the series!

Author: Brenna Aubrey
Series: Gaming the System #1
Read: November 18th, 2013
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC Book!
Publisher: Silver Griffon Associates
Expected Publication: December 9th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!