Saturday, November 30, 2013

Week 48 Review: The Art of Wishing

From Goodreads:
He can grant her wishes, but only she can save his life.

Margo McKenna has a plan for just about everything, from landing the lead in her high school play to getting into a good college. So when she finds herself in possession of a genie's ring and the chance to make three wishes, she doesn't know what to do. Why should she put her life into someone else's hands?

But Oliver is more than just a genie -- he's also a sophomore at Margo's high school, and he's on the run from a murderer. As he and Margo grow closer, she discovers that it will take more than three wishes to save him.

A whole lot more.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! It was so original and unique, and I just enjoyed every bit of it! I mean, it's not often that you read a book about genies! And then when you add in the conflicts of a personal nature, it was just amazing! I can't wait to read more!

I really enjoyed how everything developed from the start, to the end, when I know that there's going to be more, those details of their world, and how everything works, those were just so good, and I really want more!

I just really enjoyed Oliver, and his struggles, I mean, he's a pretty complicated, mysterious guy, and then there's the murderer that's after him, well, yeah, he has some interesting life stories to share! And I wanted to know them!

Loved where it ended, because I know there's going to be at least 1 more book, seeing as it says it's a series! And a pretty shocker ending, that's going to have a lot of consequences! Though maybe some good things, too! Can't wait for the next book!

I enjoyed this book a lot! It was so entertaining, wonderful, and original!

Author: Lindsay Ribar
Series: The Art of Wishing #1
Read: November 23rd, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC book!
Publisher: Dial Books for Young Readers
Published: March 21st 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!