Saturday, November 30, 2013

Week 48 Review: Truth or Dare

From Goodreads:
When a simple round of truth or dare spins out of control, three girls find it’s no longer a party game. It’s do or die.

It all started on a whim: the game was a way for Tenley Reed to reclaim her popularity, a chance for perfect Caitlin “Angel” Thomas to prove she’s more than her Harvard application. Loner Sydney Morgan wasn’t even there; she was hiding behind her camera like usual. But when all three start receiving mysterious dares long after the party has ended, they’re forced to play along—or risk exposing their darkest secrets.

How far will Tenley, Caitlin and Sydney go to keep the truth from surfacing? And who’s behind this twisted game?

Set against the backdrop of Echo Bay, an isolated beach town haunted by misfortune, Truth or Dare is a highly charged debut that will keep readers in suspense from beginning to end.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! It was interesting, and intriguing, and yeah, the end was a bit predictable seeing as it's the first of the series, yeah, it was just really enjoyable! I know I'm going to want to read more!

So this is more in the vein of Pretty Little Liars for me (the show, not the books, seeing as I've only read 1 book in the series thus far) where the threat of releasing their secrets hanging over the heads of the girls, and yeah, it's just so interesting!

Echo Bay was almost the scariest thing in the novel. There's the Lost Girls Curse around the Fall Festival where girls die in the bay, it's a small town where secrets are hard to hide, where the people judge you, and like it says, it's isolated. All the makings of a really creepy setting!

And yeah, with that isolation, that meant that there was a limited number of people who could be forcing the girls into the twisted game, and yeah, those with minds that can put the clues together faster then me, could've figured out who the bad guy was. But yeah, I was too absorbed in the book!

I really enjoyed this book, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Jacqueline Green
Series: Truth and Dare #1
Read: November 28th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded great, and it's a DAC Book!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: May 15th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!