Saturday, November 23, 2013

Week 47 Review: Transparent

From Goodreads:
Plenty of teenagers feel invisible. Fiona McClean actually is.

An invisible girl is a priceless weapon. Fiona's own father has been forcing her to do his dirty work for years—everything from spying on people to stealing cars to breaking into bank vaults.

After sixteen years, Fiona's had enough. She and her mother flee to a small town, and for the first time in her life, Fiona feels like a normal life is within reach. But Fiona's father isn't giving up that easily.

Of course, he should know better than anyone: never underestimate an invisible girl.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! I enjoyed this world, it was just awesome, and I loved Fiona, and yeah, this book was just the best! So glad that it's a series! I need to read more! Because this book, just epic feels for it!

So first off, the whole mythology of how the powers came to be, that was just really cool, because honestly, that could've easily happened in real life. And just imagine if a good portion of the population could do these random things? It'd be pretty, well, surreal for us, but for them, it's been a gradual thing, so it's the norm!

I could totally understand why Fiona wanted to leave. I mean, her dad was making her a criminal! And his power, well, it's not nice to those that he uses it on, mainly his horde of ladies, like Fiona's mom. Which is just another reason for them to leave!

I enjoyed that ending, with the realizations that came with it, about other people and their rare powers, like her own, which makes me wonder if that's going to play out in the next book, but I really enjoyed how it ended with them, as a family group! So good!

I enjoyed this book a lot, and the next book, I know I'm going to read it! I just will have to make time! Hopefully!

Author: Natalie Whipple
Series: Transparent #1
Read: November 21st, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: May 2nd 2013
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!