Saturday, November 23, 2013

Week 47 Review: Avenger

From Goodreads:
Sometimes the Truth Comes with a Price

Nikki knew Damon Vessler would not let his prized creation go easily---she simply never imagined the lengths he'd go to get her back into his clutches, and turn Nikki's heart toward darkness.

A Seeker at her heels, trained on her blood, Nikki flees with Raven alongside her for protection, while Mace and the other Halflings fight the battle that has erupted on earth. But even as the two boys she loves fight for her, she knows the battle will be hers to win. Determined to uncover the secrets of her past, and exactly how she fits into Vessler's twisted plans, Nikki sets off on her own, and soon discovers facing hellacious beasts is nothing compared to the decision she will need to make. One that could change not only the war, and her relationship with Mace and Raven, but her future with the Throne.

My Review:
This book was probably the darkest in the series. And I loved it so much! There was action, and at the same time, the point of choice was made throughout this book. You could do the right thing, at a high cost, or the bad thing, which has an initial low cost, but overall, a high cost. Which should seem like a no brainer. But it was more complicated then that!

I really enjoyed the faith of this book, this is religious book, and if it wasn't fiction, it'd fit in pretty well with what I believe. And I enjoyed that, because while my faith is low-key, it's been a part of my life my whole life, so yeah, that was nice!

I was conflicted on the whole Mace and Raven thing, because I liked both of them. Mace was a strong contender for her heart in the first one, but Raven really had been gaining on him. So yeah, I liked where it ended, but I just felt a bit bad for Raven, he did just give up, giving the rescuing Nikki part of his plan to Mace!

This book ended perfectly for the series because it was just heart-wrenching. Raven isn't supposed to die, but he does, and we, and Nikki and Mace, have to live with that, though they'll probably go past that pretty quickly, seeing as what his last words are!

Yeah, this a really great book, and a really great end to the series! I'll have to reread it sometime!

Author: Heather Burch
Series: Halflings #3
Read: November 21st, 2013
Source: Tuebl/NetGalley
Reason Why: Enjoying this series, and it's a End of Series 2013 Book and a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Zonderkidz
Published: March 26th 2013
/5 Hearts
/5 Books
/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!