Saturday, November 16, 2013

Week 46 Review: Stay With Me

From Goodreads:
An urban romance that will capture your soul, break your heart, and restore your faith in the human spirit

Fifteen-year-olds Cece and Mack didn't expect to fall in love. She's a sensitive A student; he's a high school dropout. But soon they're spending every moment together, bonding over a rescued dog, telling their secrets, making plans for the future. Everything is perfect. Until. Until. Mack makes a horrible mistake, and in just a few minutes, the future they'd planned becomes impossible. In this stark new reality, both of them must find meaning and hope in the memories of what they had, to survive when the person they love can't stay.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book! It was real, and it was kinda like Perfect Chemistry, but almost an opposite, that they were together, and then they couldn't be. And I just enjoyed their story a lot, because hey, books are the way I live life!

I just love the dog on the cover! I could care less about anything else on the cover, I just care about that doggie! Just going on looks, I'd guess it's a boy, because the shape of the skull reminds me of Dobby more then Winky, but this is a different breed of dog then mine. But it's still cute!

I loved that Cece's favourite book to movie adaptation was The Outsiders. It fit with this book, of Cece and her mom, and their relationship and Mack, and his dad, and how they all come together in one tangled pile!

This book was just beautiful. Heartbreaking, but beautiful. I could see Cece and Mack falling in love, and I could see them being pulled apart. I could also see hope for them getting back together. And that ending was just perfect for this book!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was so something that should be read in high school!

Author: Paul Griffin
Read: November 12th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a SAC 2013 Book!
Publisher: Dial
Published: September 8th 2011
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!