Saturday, September 5, 2020

Week 36 Review: Emerald Blaze

From Goodreads:
As Prime magic users, Catalina Baylor and her sisters have extraordinary powers—powers their ruthless grandmother would love to control. Catalina can earn her family some protection working as deputy to the Warden of Texas, overseeing breaches of magic law in the state, but that has risks as well. When House Baylor is under attack and monsters haunt her every step, Catalina is forced to rely on handsome, dangerous Alessandro Sagredo, the Prime who crushed her heart. 

The nightmare that Alessandro has fought since childhood has come roaring back to life, but now Catalina is under threat. Not even his lifelong quest for revenge will stop him from keeping her safe, even if every battle could be his last. Because Catalina won't rest until she stops the use of the illicit, power-granting serum that's tearing their world apart. 

My Review:
Oh, I loved reading this book! I loved spending more time with these characters, learning more about the secrets that they held, and it was just an incredible read! I'm so excited for book 6! I can't wait to see how it's all going to end?

We learn a lot about Alessandro in this book, he opens up to Catalina, and this is a big change for him. We learn about his dad, and we learn about why he's an assassin, and what exactly happened to change him between these two books. And yeah, it's a pretty heartbreaking story, but it's one that ultimately means something for them as a couple, given the restrains that Catalina is under.

In this book, there's a lot of spooks originating from the same center of a wheel. There's the strange constructs that are popping up. There's the guy who was killed, who was working with a group of people to clean up the Pit. Oh, and House Baylor is under attack. And of course, all of this is somehow connected to Oisiris serum. It was all just so enthralling to read, I couldn't put it down!

My one question is, is Catalina going to find out how was the big bad behind the plot in the first trilogy? I mean, if you caught onto details, you know. And it's kinda got an impact on what's happening in these books. So will she find out?

Loved this book so freaking much, it was fantastic, and I need book 6 now!

Author: Ilona Andrews
Series: Hidden Legacy #5, Catalina Baylor Trilogy #2
Read: September 1st, 2020
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Avon
Published: August 25th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!