Saturday, September 5, 2020

Week 36 Review: Witch & Wizard

From Goodreads:
The world is changing-the government has seized control of every aspect of society, and now kids are disappearing. For fifteen-year-old Wisty and her older brother Whit, life turns upside-down when they are hauled out of bed one night, separated from their parents, and thrown into a secret compound for no reason they can comprehend. The new government is clearly trying to suppress Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Being a Normal Teenager.

Imprisoned together and condemned to death, Wisty and Whit begin exhibiting strange abilities and powers they never dreamed of. Maybe there is a reason they were singled out. Can this newly discovered witch and a wizard master their skills in time to save themselves, their parents-and maybe the world?

My Review:
I enjoyed this book. I mean, I though I would, but it was a really fast, easy read, and I'm almost classify it as upper middle grade, because it was that quick and short, the logic was the type that kids quickly accept, and the font was fairly large. It took me around 2 1/2 hours to read, so not that long. And it was a pretty thrilling read! 

We're thrown into this book right away, from the prologue that starts with the family about to be hanged, to right at the beginning of their story, being arrested in their home for being a witch and wizard. Yeah. And given the current political climate, it was a little scary how easy they were able to do this huge change to culture.

I enjoyed these characters and this story, and I enjoyed learning about the magic and the world. There's plenty more to go, since this is only the first book, and I would love to learn more, and spend more time with these characters, because they were interesting to read about. 

I was a bit confused, because the ending of this book, it doesn't get to where the prologue of this book was. I then read the synopsis of the rest of the series, and yeah, we're going to get to that point with book 2, so I need to know what's going to happen next! 

Really enjoyed reading it, and I think I will continue with the series, just to see how it ends! 

Authors: James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet
Series: Witch & Wizard #1
Read: August 30th, 2020
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Had to read the manga for the N.E.W.T's, but I didn't want to review it here, so I decided to read the book! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Published: December 14th 2009
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!