Saturday, December 5, 2020

Week 49 Review: The Hellion

From Goodreads:
For fans of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and Stranger Things: S. A. Hunt's The Hellion, third installment of their horror-tinged action-adventure series about a punk YouTuber on a mission to hunt down the supernatural, one vid at a time

Robin Martine has destroyed witches all across the country, but since her confrontation with the demon Andras, Robin has had to deal with her toughest adversary yet: herself. While coming to grips with new abilities, she and her boyfriend Kenway make their way to the deserts of rural Texas, where new opportunities await.

Something lurks in this isolated town of Keystone Hills: a dangerous gang ruled by a husband who wields an iron fist over his wife and daughter. Robin vows to protect these Latina women from harm, but may be underestimating how powerful Santiago Valenzuela is... and how his shapeshifting powers may pose a threat to everyone Robin holds dear.

My Review:
Oh, man, I was really excited to read this book. The big bad threat from the first two books had been defeated, and now Robin and Kenway are now in a new setting. And I just wanted to see where the series was going to go after I Hunt With Knives, and it was so great!

I really enjoyed watching Robin deal with Santiago, he's different from the previous threats that she's faced. And it added more lore to the world which was really great. There was just a lot going on in this book, and it all came together really well!  

That ending though? It's heartbreaking, surprising, and intriguing. And a little bit scary. We have this reveal which probably will have consequences. We have a start of an adventure. And we have whatever was going on with Robin. Fantastic ending, but I need more! It can't end there! 

I'm not certain if there's going to be a 4th book. The way the characters were left has me dying for a 4th book. But it's 2 months since this book came out, and I haven't heard news about a 4th. I'm really hoping that we get one, though!

This was such a great read, I really enjoyed it, and I hope that we get more! 

Author: S.A. Hunt
Series: Malus Domestica #3
Read: November 30th, 2020
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Tor Books
Published: September 15th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!