Saturday, December 5, 2020

Week 49 Review: Winter Glass

From Goodreads:
A curse comes undone. A kingdom shatters. But some bonds can't be broken.

Princess Aurora, torn from the dream world, plots to assassinate the faerie queen Malfleur, only to confront temptations she never expected. Isabelle, meanwhile, opens her heart to Prince William as they attempt to unite their kingdoms and wage war against Malfleur's army. But when the appearance of an unbreakable glass slipper prompts Isabelle to discover more about her lineage, her true identity begins to take shape and her legacy becomes as clear as ice. 

Devoted half-sisters Isabelle and Aurora will grapple with their understanding of love and loyalty as they face a threat even greater than that of the evil queen—the threat of losing each other forever. 

My Review:
This book was totally not what I expected! I mean, it's been a while since I read the first book, but I got into this world pretty easily. But it totally went in a different direction than I would have expected. If Spindle Fire was a fairy tale, this book subverted the fairy tale. 

We again were mainly in sisters Aurora and Isabelle's heads. With a few parts that were in other people's heads, like those minor faeries, and Malfleur. I loved seeing all these sides of the story, even one or two offs that just give a full picture of what's going on. It was so great! 

Aurora's journey was the most shocking for me. She's changed after the events of Spindle Fire, but wow, does she go on a journey in this book. She was the most surprising for me, the one that subverts the fairy tale the most in this book, though Isabelle does as well, but not as much as Aurora does. I love Aurora's journey in this book, in strategy, and in love! 

Isabella's story, yeah, I really enjoyed it. She's proven that she's strong, in this book, she proves that she's smart. She does wonder about being free, and she also learns a lot about her mom, and how that came to be important was so wonderful to read! Loved how it ended, though there were a few threads left untied. 

This was such a great book, and I need to read more by Lexa Hillyer! 

Author: Lexa Hillyer
Series: Spindle Fire #2
Read: December 1st, 2020
Source: Bought/Edelweiss
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: April 10th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!