Thursday, September 29, 2022

Becca's BookoplAthon Roll as You Go Round 2022 Sign Up

Well, I'm making this a tradition, as long as the month long version of BookoplAthon is September, I'll do a month of Roll as You Go in October! 

Chance Cards:
After the Bite by Lynsay Sands
Pimiko and the Uncharted Island by Forthright 
The Kraken's Sacrifice by Katee Robert
All Fall Down by Ally Carter
Hellhole by Gina Damico
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira

Community Shelf:
Read a book written by a female author
Read a book written by a favourite author
Read a book that you've read before
Read a book that fulfills a reading goal
Read a graphic novel
Read a book with an animal on the cover
Read a debut novel
Read a book with a one-word title
Read a book inspired by mythology
Read a book released in 2018
Listen to an audiobook

With the end of the September Round, I ended up on Third Person, so that's where I'm going to start from here. I'll be adding what rolls I get, and what book I choose here, though I'll also be putting that next roll once I finish a book.

Day 1, Roll 1:
A 10, which gets me to Community Shelf. Using a random list generator, I got Read a book with a one-word title. I'm going with Belladonna by Adalyn Grace.

Day 2, Roll 2:
A  5, which gets me to Chance. Using a random list generator, I got After the Bite by Lynsay Sands. Yeah! Can't wait to read this book tomorrow! I may or may not read more books, either before or after to roll for more, but I'm not sure, we're doing our 4 person family Thanksgiving tomorrow, since some family members won't be there for the big Thanksgiving. We'll see! 

Day 3, Roll 3:
A  12, which gets me to Favourite Genre. But since that's doubles, I have to do another roll! I'm going with I Am Margaret Moore by Hannah Capin, my favourite genre is YA, and this is YA! 

Day 3, Roll 4:
A  5, which gets me to Colour Wheel. I got Orange. I'm going with A Bad Day For Sunshine by Darynda Jones. So I have a few books to read, and I can't wait to read them! 

Day 4, Roll 5:

A  4, which gets me to Mood Read. I'm picking A Good Day for Chardonnay by Darynda Jones, I need to read the sequel now! 

Day 5, Roll 6:
A  9, which gets me to Big Book. I'm picking Nevermore by Kelly Creagh, this book is 543 pages, so that works!

Day 6, Roll 7:
A  9, which gets me to People. I'm picking Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh, it has two people on the cover, so that works!

Day 7, Roll 8:
A  4, which gets me to Dice Roulette. I got a 9 with a 3 and a 6 (blogger isn't doing great with images, I was lucky to get the above dice roll) I'm picking Tsumiko and the Enslaved Fox by Forthright, it's 478 pages so that works!

Day 7, Roll 9:

A  9, which gets me to Favourite Genre. I'm picking Kimiko and the Accidental Proposal by Forthright, it's a great paranormal, which is another favourite genre, so that works!

Day 8, Roll 10:


A  8, which gets me to Features a Mystery. I'm picking Game of Gravestones by Gena Showalter and Jill Monroe, it's about a murder mystery, so that works!

Day 8, Roll 11:
A 4, which gets me to First Person. I'm picking The Hexed and the Hunted by Melissa Marr, it's first chapter says I, so that works!

Day 9, Roll 12:

A 8, which gets me to Highest Rated. Of my current TBR, A Hard Day for a Hangover by Darynda Jones is the highest, so that's what I'll be reading!

Day 9, Roll 13:

A 11. which gets me to Dice Roulette. 

A 5, which is a range of 225-274. I chose The Greatest Zombie Movie by Jeff Strand, it has 266 pages, so that works!

Day 10, Roll 14:


A 4. which gets me to Pub/Set Since 2020. But since that's doubles, I have to do another roll! I'm going with A Familiar Stranger by A.R. Torre which was published late last month! 

 Day 10, Roll 15:

A 7, which gets me to Emoji. I got spiderweb, so I'm going with The Luminaries by Susan Dennard, it has a skull with greenery and it sounds creepy, so I'm counting it! 

 Day 11, Roll 16:

A 2, which gets me to Letter. But since that's doubles, I have to do another roll! I got S, I'm going with The Kraken's Sacrifice by Katee Robert, Sacrifice starts with S, so I'm counting it! 

Day 11, Roll 17:
A 3, which gets me to Features a Romance. I'm going with Fateful by Claudia Gray, this has a romance, so that works! 

Day 11, Roll 17:

A 10, which gets me to Chance Card. Using a random list generator, I got Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira, and I can't wait to read it! 

Day 12, Roll 19:

A  9, which gets me to Spring. I'm going with My Eyes Are Up Here by Laura Zimmermann. This is a coming of age story, and the colours on the cover are pretty floral. I just didn't read anything today, but I have this book out in audiobook, so I should finish it soon and then get Love Letters to the Dead tomorrow! 

Day 14, Roll 20:
A  9, which gets me to Pub/Set Since 2020. I'm going with Wizard's Masquerade by Jay Pellegrin. This was published September 2022, so that works! 

Day 15, Roll 21:
A  5, which gets me to Favourite Genre. I'm going with The Caged Queen by Kristen Ciccarelli. This is YA, so that works! 

Day 16, Roll 22:
A  7, which gets me to Features a Romance. I'm going with Blackout Anthology. This has romance, so that works! 

Day 17, Roll 23:
A  6, which gets me to Third Person. I'm going with The Luminous Dead by Caitlin Starling. This is in 3rd person, so that works! 

Day 18, Roll 24:
A 3, which gets me to Winter. I'm going with The Obsidian Tower by Melissa Caruso. This is an epic fantasy, so that works! 

Day 19, Roll 25:
A 7, which gets me to Chance Card. I got I'm going with Read a book that fulfills a reading goal. I chose The Quicksilver Court by Melisa Caruso, which fulfills my catch up with authors goal, so that works! 


Day 20, Roll 26:
A 7, which gets me to Buildings. I'm going with The Ivory Tomb by Melisa Caruso, it has a building in one of the quarters, so that works!

Day 21, Roll 27:
A 6, which gets me to Summer. But since that's doubles, I have to do another roll! I'm going with Tokyo Dreaming by Emiko Jean, it has a a bright green cover, so that works!

Day 21, Roll 28:
A 5, which gets me to TBR Game. I'm going with A Long Stretch of Bad Days by Mindy McGinnis, it's on my Wheel of TBR books, so that works!

Day 22, Roll 29:
A 6, which gets me to Features a Romance. I'm going with Where Dreams Descend by Janella Angeles, this has a bit of romance, so that works!

Day 22, Roll 30:
A 3, which gets me to Features a Death. I'm going with Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero, one of the human members died, so that works!

Day 22, Roll 31:
A 4, which gets me to Community Shelf. But since that's doubles, I have to do another roll! I got Read a book that you've read before. I'm going with Fumiko and the Finicky Nestmate by Forthright, I've read this book before, so that works!

Day 22, Roll 32:
A 3, which gets me to Chance Card. I got Pimiko and the Uncharted Island by Forthright!
\
Day 24, Roll 34:
A 7, which gets me to Dice Roulette.

A 10, so that's between 475 and 524. I'm going with A Darkness At The Door by Intisar Khanani, it's 486 pages, so that works!

Day 25, Roll 35:
A 8, which gets me to Favourite Setting. But since that's doubles, I have to do another roll! I'm going with Pestilence by Laura Thalassa, it's a starting dystopia, I enjoy that seeing, so that works!

Day 25, Roll 36:

A 7, which gets me to Autumn. I'm going with War by Laura Thalassa, it's a paranormal romance, with a dark cover, so that works!

Day 26, Roll 37:
A 10, which gets me to Winter. But since that's doubles, I have to do another roll! I'm going with Raven Unveiled by Grace Draven, it's high fantasy, so that works!

Day 26, Roll 38:
A 8, which gets me to Short Book. I'm going with Whiteout Anthology, it's 304 pages, which is close enough!

Day 27, Roll 39:

A 7, which gets me to Favourite Trope. I'm going with Reader, I Murdered Him by Betsy Cornwell, it's got bad ass females and women protecting women, and I really enjoy those tropes, so that works!

Day 28, Roll 41:
A 3, which gets me to Favourite Genre. I'm going with Silver in the Mist by Emily Victoria, it's a YA, my favourite genre, so that works!

Day 29, Roll 42:

A 6, which gets me to Autumn. But since that's doubles, I have to do another roll! I'm going with Terminated by Rachel Caine, it's a paranormal romance, so that works!

Day 29, Roll 43:

A 2, which gets me to Features a Mystery. But since that's another double, I have to do another roll! I'm going with Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun by Elle Cosimano, this is a mystery, so that works!

Day 29, Roll 44:

A 7, which gets me to Multi-Perspective. I'm going with Leopard's Scar by Christine Feehan, it's got 2 perspectives, so that works!

Day 31, Roll 46:
A 8, which gets me to People. I'm going with Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little, it has a lady on the cover, so that works! And that's my final roll for this round!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!