Saturday, September 24, 2022

Week 38 Review: Baptism of Fire

From Goodreads:
The New York Times bestselling series that inspired the international hit video game: The Witcher

The Wizards Guild has been shattered by a coup and, in the uproar, Geralt was seriously injured. The Witcher is supposed to be a guardian of the innocent, a protector of those in need, a defender against powerful and dangerous monsters that prey on men in dark times.

But now that dark times have fallen upon the world, Geralt is helpless until he has recovered from his injuries.

While war rages across all of the lands, the future of magic is under threat and those sorcerers who survive are determined to protect it. It's an impossible situation in which to find one girl - Ciri, the heiress to the throne of Cintra, has vanished - until a rumor places her in the Niflgaard court, preparing to marry the Emperor.

Injured or not, Geralt has a rescue mission on his hands.

The Witcher returns in this action-packed sequel to The Time of Contempt.

My Review:
Oh, I was looking forward to reading this book! I've really enjoyed this series, I love this world, and I love Geralt and Ciri, and I couldn't wait to find out what the next chapter of their story was to be about! It was such a great read!

This book was much better then me then the last one, which was great. And part of that was that we were mainly focused on Geralt and this quest to find and rescue Ciri, not jumping around in all these viewpoints surrounding what was going on. So that was great! 

Things are getting worse and worse, situations are unraveling, and the tipping point is coming. After what happened with the Wizard's Guild, well, tensions are mounting and people are reacting to it. Which made what was going on with Ciri all the more enjoyable to read! 

I'm really excited to see where things go from here! All the developments in this book are going to lead to something big, and I can't wait to see how it's allg oing to play out! And of course spend more time with these fantastic characters! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to continue! 

Author: Andrzej Sapkowski
Series: The Witcher #3
Read: September 18th, 2022
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love his writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book! 
Publisher: Orbit
Published: January 1st 1996
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!