Saturday, September 3, 2022

Week 35 Review: The Dating Game

From Goodreads:
The Social Network gets a romantic twist in this fresh and engaging new read from the author of Frat Girl, Kiley Roache. Experience the whirlwind ups and downs of college life in this authentic and entertaining new novel!

When a notoriously difficult class for future entrepreneurs leads to three freshmen developing the next "it" app for dating on college campuses, all hell breaks loose…

Type A control freak Sara lives by her color-coordinated Post-it notes.

Rich boy Braden wants out from under his billionaire father's thumb.

Scholarship student Roberto can't afford for his grades to drop.

When the three are forced to work together in one of the university's most difficult classes, tension rises to the breaking point…until, shockingly, the silly dating app they create proves to be the most viable project in class. Late nights of app development, interest from investors and unexpected romance are woven into a true-to-life college drama that explores what it means to really connect online and IRL.

My Review:
Oh, this was a really great read! I've enjoyed her other two books, so I don't know why this book got left in the shuffle, but I've read it now, and I had a really great time with it! The idea of these 3 creating a dating app that could actually be used outside of this class project, was just an interesting idea! 

I really enjoyed getting to know these 3, and how this development of the app affects their lives. They were forced to work together as a class project, and the app that they came up with was something that could actually be used in the real world. 

This whole trio was really great to read about. Sara is smart and focused. Braden is entitled and rich, but his home life hasn't been great. And Roberto is the poor one with a heart of gold. They were all different people, and I loved getting to know them! 

There was two big parts to this book. The effect the app was having in the world, and thus, in their lives, and their romance. I didn't know who I preferred to end up with Sara, but I enjoyed watching it all unfold! 

This was a really great read, and I can't wait to read more by Kiley Roache! 

Author: Kiley Roache
Read: August 29th, 2022
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded good and I enjoyed her other book, and it's a SAC 2022 Book and a Sophomore Challenge Book!
Publisher: Inkyard Press
Published: March 26th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!