Saturday, April 10, 2021

Week 14 Review: Unchosen

From Goodreads:
Katharyn Blair crafts a fiercely feminist fantasy with a horrifying curse, swoon-worthy sea captains, and the power of one girl to choose her own fate in this contemporary standalone adventure that's perfect for fans of The Fifth Wave and Seafire, and for anyone who has ever felt unchosen.

For Charlotte Holloway, the world ended twice.

The first was when her childhood crush, Dean, fell in love—with her older sister.

The second was when the Crimson, a curse spread through eye contact, turned the majority of humanity into flesh-eating monsters.

Neither end of the world changed Charlotte. She's still in the shadows of her siblings. Her popular older sister, Harlow, now commands forces of survivors. And her talented younger sister, Vanessa, is the Chosen One—who, legend has it, can end the curse.

When their settlement is raided by those seeking the Chosen One, Charlotte makes a reckless decision to save Vanessa: she takes her place as prisoner.

The word spreads across the seven seas—the Chosen One has been found.

But when Dean's life is threatened and a resistance looms on the horizon, the lie keeping Charlotte alive begins to unravel. She'll have to break free, forge new bonds, and choose her own destiny if she has any hope of saving her sisters, her love, and maybe even the world.

Because sometimes the end is just a new beginning. 

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! I really enjoyed her other book, and this one looked really interesting! I loved getting to know these characters, watch Charlotte pretend to be her sister-to be the Chosen One-to protect her sisters. It was a really fantastic read! 

First off, I have to say, that cover is stunning! I love the colours and how they work together, and to make this face/figure under the water! It's gorgeous, and my congratulations to the team that made it, because I love it! 

This is a dark world, and the characters do make decisions that they find hard to deal with, with the guilt and all. I really enjoyed Charlette dealing with the guilt of the lie that she was the Chosen One, because it really spiraled out of her control. 

I'm a little confused as to how that all worked out with that ending. I didn't quite remember what gave the criteria for the Chosen One, so I guess it could've been vague. But then I'm wondering was it possible that others could've been the Chosen One as well? Or was it limited down to just those two? I have questions! But otherwise I really enjoyed how it worked out, the reveals of the bad guy were top notch and unexpected and fantastic! 

I really enjoyed this book, it was a really great read, and I can't wait to have more from Katharyn Blair! 

Author: Katharyn Blair
Read: April 3rd, 2021
Source: Edelweiss 
Reason Why: Love her writing and it's a 2021 Dystopia Book, SAC 2021 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Katharine Tegan Books
Published: January 26th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!