Saturday, April 10, 2021

Week 14 Reviews: Carswell's Guide to Being Lucky, After Sunshine Passes By, Cress



Thirteen-year-old Carswell Thorne has big plans involving a Rampion spaceship and a no-return trip out of Los Angeles.

In this prequel to Cress, we see how a nine-year-old Cress ended up alone on a satellite, spying on Earth for Luna.

From Goodreads:
Rapunzel's tower is a satellite. She can't let down her hair—or her guard. 

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she's just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.

My first review of Cress
My Review:
I really enjoyed reading these books! I jus really enjoy this series, and I'm so glad that I'm reading them, because I get to go on this journey again, and it's been so long since I first read them. And these short stories, this is the first time that I've read them, and getting these insights to these characters history was really great! 

Both of the short stories gives us looks into the new characters of the 3rd book in the series, Carswell and Cress, and I really enjoyed seeing them as kids, and some of these events that have been pretty important in shaping who they are by the time that they've got starring roles in Cress! 

The thing I'm noticing in my reread, is that these books end before everything I think is going to happen, happens. Like Cinder breaking out of prison, or Cress and Carswell's romantic relationships. They always happen in the book after I think they're supposed to be in. It's so weird!  

Cress has a lot going on in it, given that there's now 3 couples, one from each book, and a lot of storylines that are starting to come together! There's lots of developments, and I'm so excited to continue and finish my reread of this series! I'm so close! 

These were such great reads, and I'm so excited to see how the series closes (again!) 

Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: The Lunar Chronicles #2.5, 2.6, 3
First Read: February 14th, 2014
Read: April 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 2021
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading, and they're 2021 Dystopia Books, 2014 Retelling Reading Challenge Books, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books!
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Published: February 2nd 2016, February 2nd 2016, February 4th 2014

Carswell's Guide to Being Lucky: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








After Sunshine Passes By:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Cress:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!