Saturday, April 10, 2021

Week 14 Review: Breach of Peace

From Goodreads:
When an imperial family is found butchered, Officers of God are called to investigate. Evidence points to a rebel group trying to stab fear into the very heart of the empire. Inspector Khlid begins a harrowing hunt for those responsible, but when a larger conspiracy comes to light, she struggles to trust even the officers around her.

My Review:
I had a great time reading this novella. It is a novella, so it's really short, and it's just the introduction to this world. And it's a debut. I really enjoyed exploring this world, though given the way things ended, well, unfortunately we won't get to explore further for most of these characters. Bah! Poor people!

The mystery of the deaths, that was really intriguing. Between the dead bodies, and what happened in the cellar, this book started with a bang, and I couldn't put it down, I had to know what was going to happen next, to find out what the heck was going on in the first place! 

Oh, but that ending was just brutal and oh so shocking! I wasn't expecting that, and it just kept coming! I have no idea where things are going to go from here, because that was pretty final. But I'm excited to see whatever story follows after this! 

I'm very interested to explore this world further. We got the barest taste of the magic and the politics, and I need to know more about them! We've been told a few details, and I just can't wait to learn more, and to see them in action! 

Really enjoyed reading this book, and I can't wait to read more! 

Author: Daniel B. Greene 
Series: The Lawful Time #0.5
Read: April 3rd, 2021
Source:  Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: It sounded really good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Daniel B. Greene
Published: March 30th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!