Friday, February 18, 2022

Book Blogger Hop #228, February 18th

The Book Blogger Hop was originally created by Jennifer from Crazy-For-Books in March 2010 and ended on December 31, 2012. With Jennifer's permission, Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer relaunched the meme on February 15, 2013. Check out the hop here

Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

The Question of the week is: What genre do you refuse to read and why? (submitted by Cheryl @ I Heart Fictional People).

Non-fiction. Part of this is biographies, I'm just not interested. Just not my thing, I read to be entertained, and nonfiction and biographies are informative, and the two don't really mix in my mind (plus school and textbooks put me off them,) And classics. Sure, there's a reason why they become classics, but unless they're modern classics, then the writing is hard for me to understand, and yeah, just not for me! What about you guys? Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. I really struggle with classics as well - there's a few I want to like, I love the storylines of but I find reading them a slog and I don't connect with the characters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I read Pride and Prejudice as a kid and enjoyed it. I tried to pick it up a few years ago, and just couldn't get into the writing. Guess my brain lost the capability to translate it *shrugs* Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!