Saturday, February 26, 2022

Week 8 Review: Suicide Kings

From Goodreads:
The seventh book of this dark urban fantasy series follows necromancer Eric Carter through a world of vengeful gods and goddesses, mysterious murders, and restless ghosts.

Family is murder.

When Eric Carter helps a friend with a deadly ritual that could determine the fate of the most powerful mage family in Los Angeles he steps into the middle of centuries-long feuds with people who make the Borgias look like the Brady Bunch.

Eric's just fine with the murder, soul eaters, and death magic. He's just having trouble adjusting to being brought back from the grave.

If he's not careful, somebody's going to put him right back.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I devoured it, it was so quick and easy to read! I loved continuing to watch Eric deal with all these supernatural problems! He is very flawed, he's in a pretty violent world, and he's still in this weird situation where he doesn't know who he is.

The bulk of this story is that this wickedly powerful magical family is all coming together for a meeting, and they're all jockeying for power, and Amanda needs a knight, basically, and Eric is skilled and unconnected enough to serve in that role. And wow, were the relations and politics between the various members of this family volatile! Eric was kept on his toes!

There's this one detail about his grandfather, and I'm not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but given that his grandfather's body now hosts him, I really hope that we explore that in the future! That it's not just because Eric's a necromancer. 

That ending though? That was pure evil, and up their for cliffhanger-ness of Ghost Money! So now I need to know what's going to happen next in Hate Machine! The ball was started rolling in this book to get a certain outcome-now to find out why! 

This was such a fantastic book, and I need the next book now! 

Author: Stephen Blackmoore 
Series: Eric Carter #7
Read: February 23rd, 2022 
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love his writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Daw Books 
Expected Publication: March 22nd 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!