Saturday, February 12, 2022

Week 6 Review: The Love Hypothesis

From Goodreads:
When a fake relationship between scientists meets the irresistible force of attraction, it throws one woman's carefully calculated theories on love into chaos. As a third-year Ph.D. candidate, Olive Smith doesn't believe in lasting romantic relationships--but her best friend does, and that's what got her into this situation. Convincing Anh that Olive is dating and well on her way to a happily ever after was always going to take more than hand-wavy Jedi mind tricks: Scientists require proof. 

So, like any self-respecting biologist, Olive panics and kisses the first man she sees. That man is none other than Adam Carlsen, a young hotshot professor--and well-known ass. Which is why Olive is positively floored when Stanford's reigning lab tyrant agrees to keep her charade a secret and be her fake boyfriend. 

But when a big science conference goes haywire, putting Olive's career on the Bunsen burner, Adam surprises her again with his unyielding support and even more unyielding...six-pack abs. Suddenly their little experiment feels dangerously close to combustion. And Olive discovers that the only thing more complicated than a hypothesis on love is putting her own heart under the microscope...

My Review:
This book was so cute and so fun to read! I wasn't planning on reading it right when I did, but I got prompted to, and I picked up, and I really couldn't put it down! Even when there was second hand embarrassment, I just adored this book! It's well deserving of the hype!

I really enjoyed the epigraphs, they gave hypothesis on what's going to happen in that chapter, which were really great teases, and played up the whole thing that this is set in a STEM setting, which I really enjoyed! We need more women in STEM, please and thank you! 

The whole situation that Olive and Adam find themselves in is just pretty hilarious! I loved watching them get into this situation-Olive trying to prove to her friend that she had totally moved on from Jonathan, that her friend could date him. That was just being such a good friend, if making a totally weird decision!

I loved how this played on rom com tropes. Like fake dating, but falling in love with the other person. But on the other hand, sharing a room, but there actually being two beds. And I really enjoyed their romance, like him being a not-so-beloved professor. I loved their running gags, and how she does come to him in the end, about what that one guy said about her. Even if it hurt. I just loved them as a couple!

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait for more women in STEM books from this series!

Author: Ali Hazelwood
Series: Love Hypothesis #1
Read: February 9th, 2022
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book!
Publisher: Berkley 
Published: September 1st 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!