Saturday, February 5, 2022

Week 5 Review: Madness

From Goodreads:
Brooke Danvers is pretending to be fine. She's gotten so good at pretending that they're letting her leave inpatient therapy. Now she just has to fake it long enough for her parents and teachers to let their guard down. This time, when she's ready to end her life, there won't be anyone around to stop her.

Then Brooke meets Derek. Derek is the only person who really gets what Brooke is going through, because he's going through it too. As they start spending more time together, Brooke suddenly finds herself having something to look forward to every day and maybe even happiness.

But when Derek's feelings for her intensify, Brooke is forced to accept that the same relationship that is bringing out the best in her might be bringing out the worst in Derek—and that Derek at his worst could be capable of real darkness. 

My Review:
Oh, man, this was such a great read! I knew going in that it would be a pretty wild ride, given the name and all, but it was a heck of a story, and I had such a great time reading it! I really enjoyed getting to know Brooke, and her life!

This book was dark, and I could tell from the title and the synopsis. It deals with heavy topics, because Brooke is depressed, and she's suicidal. Then there's Derek, who relates with Brooke. Unfortunately, while this relationship makes her want to live, it doesn't do the same for him.  

I do have to say that my favourite character was Duckie, the best friend. He was a lot of fun to read about, and I really enjoyed the relationship he had with Brooke. I also loved his storyline in this book, it was a delight to read! 

That ending was a little bit unbelievable,between her saving his life, and her parents letting her visit him. But the rest of it, that she's on the path that says that she wants to live, that she's realized that her therapist can help her, that was really great! 

This was another fantastic read from Z Brewer, and I can't wait for more! 

Author: Z Brewer
Read: January 29th, 2022
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: I enjoy their writing and it's fantastic, and it's a SAC 2022 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: September 19th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!