Saturday, February 12, 2022

Week 6 Review: Cold Fury

From Goodreads:
Sara Jane Rispoli is a normal sixteen-year-old coping with school and a budding romance--until her parents and brother are kidnapped and she discovers her family is deeply embedded in the Chicago Outfit (aka the mob).

Now on the run from a masked assassin, rogue cops and her turncoat uncle, Sara Jane is chased and attacked at every turn, fighting back with cold fury as she searches for her family. It's a quest that takes her through concealed doors and forgotten speakeasies--a city hiding in plain sight. Though armed with a .45 and 96K in cash, an old tattered notebook might be her best defense--hidden in its pages the secret to "ultimate power." It's why she's being pursued, why her family was taken, and could be the key to saving all of their lives.

My first review of Cold Fury
My Review:
This was a really great read! I loved reading it the first time, but I never really continued with the series-and now I own the whole thing, so I decided to reread this book, and I better continue and read the 2nd two books! It's only 2, around 600 pages, I can do that!

Loved this world of the mob, with the cold fury ability that Sara Jane has, that has been passed down in her family. There's a lot of history there, and it's such an interesting gift. I loved watching Sara Jane learn this history, learn to navigate this world, as she tries to find her family! 

I did find that the beginning, I didn't love so much, because it was her narrating what had led up to her family being taken, from the perspective of after certain events of this book had occurred. And I don't know, something about how it was done didn't jibe with me very much. 

I'm so excited to see where this book goes from here! Things have been built up, and I can't wait to explore them further, see where they're going to go from here! I know from the synopsis's of the next two books, things are going to go down, and I can't wait! 

I had such a great time rereading this book, and I can't wait to continue! 

Author: T.M. Goeglein
Series: Cold Fury #1
First Read: January 11th, 2013
Read: February 10th, 2022
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book!
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Published: July 24th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!