Saturday, February 19, 2022

Week 7 Review: The Invasion of Tearling

From Goodreads:
With each passing day, Kelsea Glynn is growing into her new responsibilities as Queen of the Tearling. By stopping the shipments of slaves to the neighboring kingdom of Mortmesne, she crossed the Red Queen, a brutal ruler whose power derives from dark magic, who is sending her fearsome army into the Tearling to take what is hers. And nothing can stop the invasion.

But as the Mort army draws ever closer, Kelsea develops a mysterious connection to a time before the Crossing, and she finds herself relying on a strange and possibly dangerous ally: a woman named Lily, fighting for her life in a world where being female can feel like a crime. The fate of the Tearling —and that of Kelsea's own soul—may rest with Lily and her story, but Kelsea may not have enough time to find out.

My first review of The Invasion of Tearling
My Review:
I had such a great time rereading tis book! And it was a bit better than reading it the first time, because I knew from the get go why we were getting Lily's story, and I was absorbing details, and that was much better then the first time, when I was just speeding past those sections. So that was great!

The beginning was a little bit slow, getting back into this world again. But things quickly picked up, with the war right on their heels. And Kelsea is the one that has to make the final decisions, and it's a lot of pressure on her, and I loved watching her deal with it!

I really enjoyed the excerpts of the books and quotes that were at the start of each chapter, and how they were relevant to what was going to happen, and how some of them were a commentary on those events. Though knowing how things turn out in book 3 now, well. I still enjoyed reading them!

The way this book ends is so evil! The wait when I first read it was hard to bare and I'm glad that I can dive right into Fate of Tearling whenever I can fit it in, because I need to reread it so I can finally read the 4th book, which is a big reason why I've been rereading this series. I just can't wait to revisit the events of the Fate!

This was a fantastic book, and I can't wait to read the second half of the series! 

Author: Erika Johansen
Series: The Queen of Tearling #1, 2
First Read: February 21st, 2016
Read: February 12th, 2022
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading, and it's a 2022 Dystopia Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book!
Publisher: Harper
Published: June 9th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!