Saturday, February 5, 2022

Week 5 Review: Obsessed

From Goodreads:
From master of suspense Jo Gibson comes two heart-stopping novels of romantic obsession--where the love never dies. It kills. . .

The Crush

Michael Barton is smart, sweet, gorgeous--the total package. Which is why some of the girls have decided to have a little contest. Whoever hooks up with Michael first will be the winner. There's just one problem. One of the girls has been harboring a secret crush on Michael for years. She'll do anything to be his girlfriend. She'll play the game. She'll win his heart. She'll beat the competition. . .to death.

The Crush II

Michael Barton has experienced the dark side of love. He has survived the advances of a psychotic stalker. He has endured her deadly game of obsession. And now he is free from her web of lust and lies. But Michael has a surprise waiting for him. His secret admirer is still out there. Watching. Waiting. Plotting her next move. And if Michael thinks he can escape her this time, he's wrong. . .dead wrong.

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this bind up of two stories. I was a bit confused at first, because from the Crush II, it kinda sounded like Michael was going to be the narrator of the 2nd, and I assumed, the first. And he wasn't really, and that was a bit strange! 

This mystery, of who was killing off Michael's girlfriends was interesting. There was one death scene that I found very entertaining to read. But it stretched plausibility that these girls would just keep lining up to date him, even after seeing what happened to the previous girl. 

The Crush II was interesting to read, after the events of the first book. But it was pretty similar, just that we know what's going on now. Though I really enjoyed seeing him and Carla, they were good together. And she made some smart calls at the end which was really great! 

Right at the end, with that reveal, I actually started laughing. I mean, it was serious, but that $1000 was going to get her all these things? Maybe then, but not now. I looked up when these were originally published, and it says 1994, which is the year I was born. So that was wild! 

I enjoyed reading this, but it does show its age. 

Author: Jo Gibson
Read: January 29th, 2022
Source: Bought/NetGalley 
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2022 Book! 
Publisher: Kensington 
Published: May 27th 2014
4.5/5 Hearts
1/5 Books
0/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!