Saturday, February 19, 2022

Week 7 Review: House of Sky and Breath

From Goodreads:
Bryce Quinlan and Hunt Athalar are trying to get back to normal―they may have saved Crescent City, but with so much upheaval in their lives lately, they mostly want a chance to relax. Slow down. Figure out what the future holds.

The Asteri have kept their word so far, leaving Bryce and Hunt alone. But with the rebels chipping away at the Asteri's power, the threat the rulers pose is growing. As Bryce, Hunt, and their friends get pulled into the rebels' plans, the choice becomes clear: stay silent while others are oppressed, or fight for what's right. And they've never been very good at staying silent.

In this sexy, action-packed sequel to the #1 bestseller House of Earth and Blood, Sarah J. Maas weaves a captivating story of a world about to explode―and the people who will do anything to save it.

My Review:
Wow, this book was utterly incredible! It's going to be hard to write this review, because I really don't want to spoil anything. But wow, there were a lot of things revealed, and a lot going on in this 800 page tome, and I had such a great time reading it! 

I just love Bryce and Hunt together, and they've had peace since the events of the spring. But things are heating up, with rebellion a big part of this book, of the past rebellions, and the one going on now. And it was complicated for Hunt, because of the memories, of the failed rebellion. 

We got more perspectives in this book, so there was a lot more going on then just Bryce and Hunt. There was in Blood and Earth as well, but that was focused on the same plotline, and here, these characters were having their own stories, which I can't wait to see how they're going to impact this story as a whole! 

One thing that really got to me, was that there'd be this reveal of information-that had me, as a reader, sitting up and paying close attention. But the characters just kinda breezed right over it! And I was like, wait, let's explore this new info a bit more, but no! 

What I need to know is two things. Is Crescent City going to be a trilogy? And what's going to be next book that Sarah J. Maas is going to publish, because that ending was just utterly evil, so many reveals that I need to see them all deal with, and I need to know what's going to happen next!

Loved reading this book, and I need more Sarah J. Maas books! And I think I was vague enough to stay away from spoilers! Yeah! 

Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: Crescent City #2
Read: February 15th, 2022
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing 
Published: February 15th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!