Saturday, February 5, 2022

Week 5 Review: Deceptive

From Goodreads:
You don't belong with us.

These are the words that echo through the minds of all immune Americans—those suffering the so-called adverse effects of an experimental vaccine, including perfect recall, body manipulation, telepathy, precognition, levitation, mind-control, and the ability to change one's appearance at will.

When great numbers of immune individuals begin to disappear, fear and tension mount, and unrest begins to brew across the country. Through separate channels, super-powered teenagers Ciere, Daniel, and Devon find themselves on the case; supercriminals and government agents working side-by-side. It's an effort that will ultimately define them all, for better or for worse.

Pairing high-stakes action with a compelling cast of superhuman characters, Emily Lloyd-Jones's thrilling sequel to Illusive will have readers on the edge of their seats.

My Review:
Oh, I was so apprehensive about reading this book! Because after I finished Illusive, I did read the end of this one, and I knew that things wouldn't wrap up, and given that this book came out over 5 years ago, and we still haven't gotten a 3rd book, well, I still hope we will get one, but it doesn't really look likely! 

I do wish that I'd read this book closer to the first, because I forgot a lot of what went on, (espcailly since there's Daniel and Devon, and keeping them separate in my mind was a bit complicated) like what debt that Ciere was working off. But it came together!

The first book really focused on Ciere, I'm pretty sure, but in this one, she's away from Daniel and Devon, and their story is pretty connected, and for most of this book, hers is not, until it is. So their story was the focus in this book, which was really interesting! 

I really do hope that we'll get a third one, given the different ways that Daniel and Devon are approaching working for the government. I want to see how all of that plays out! There's just so much to explore in this world, all the unfairness of the tagged, and I hope we get to see that! 

This was a fantastic read, and I really, really hope that we get a 3rd book! 

Author: Emily Lloyd-Jones 
Series: Illusive #2 
Read: January 30th, 2022
Source: Own
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book, RR Book and a Sophomore Challenge Book!  
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: July 14th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!