Saturday, February 12, 2022

Week 6 Review: Echo North

From Goodreads:
Echo Alkaev's safe and carefully structured world falls apart when her father leaves for the city and mysteriously disappears. Believing he is lost forever, Echo is shocked to find him half-frozen in the winter forest six months later, guarded by a strange talking wolf—the same creature who attacked her as a child. The wolf presents Echo with an ultimatum: if she lives with him for one year, he will ensure her father makes it home safely. But there is more to the wolf than Echo realizes.

In his enchanted house beneath a mountain, each room must be sewn together to keep the home from unraveling, and something new and dark and strange lies behind every door. When centuries-old secrets unfold, Echo discovers a magical library full of books- turned-mirrors, and a young man named Hal who is trapped inside of them. As the year ticks by, the rooms begin to disappear and Echo must solve the mystery of the wolf's enchantment before her time is up otherwise Echo, the wolf, and Hal will be lost forever. 

My Review:
I had such a great time reading this book! I've read a few that are have this concept from the fairytale, of a girl being take to a monster's place, like ACoTaR, and Cruel Beauty, and of course Disney's Beauty and the Beast, so I was excited to see how it would play out in this book! 

This world of magic was whimsical and a bit nonsensical, and I really enjoyed learning about it. Of the Wolf, and the House Under the Mountain, and how the rooms were bound together, the magic was bound into rooms, and the house was bound to the Wolf. I wanted to know what the heck was going on.

I loved the book-mirrors, to Read like that, that's such a fantastic idea! And to be able to explore these worlds outside of the story-if the author imagined it, even if it's not on the page. I loved meeting Hal and Mokosh, and oh, the way their stories came together was excellent! 

I wasn't sure what the 2nd half of this story would be, well, besides the going to try and save him. So I didn't have many expectations-and boy did this story add a magnificent, heartbreaking, twist! Loved that, and how it all came together! Such a great read! 

This was a really great read, and I can't wait to see where the sequel is going to go, since we did meet the North Wind, his love, and their daughter in this book! Can't wait for Satu's story! 

Author: Joanna Ruth Meyer 
Series: Echo North #1 
Read: February 11th, 2022 
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book! 
Publisher: Page Street Kids
Published: January 15th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!