Saturday, February 5, 2022

Week 5 Review: Awake

From Goodreads:
Of course, the dress was white. This is what I'm supposed to die in, I thought. Not many people knew what their last outfit would be.

I pulled it over my head. It fit me perfectly. It had long, loose fitting sleeves, a modest neckline, and waves of material on the skirt. I hated it.

There were no shoes, and I was afraid I'd have to run through the forest barefoot but there weren't a lot of options. Besides, I'd run barefoot over a bed of nails to get away.

"Scarlett, are you ready?" he called.

I looked in the mirror and took a deep breath. Time to fight for my life.

Scarlett Garner doesn't remember anything before the age of four-until a car accident changes everything. She starts to remember pieces of a past that frighten her. A past her parents hid from her...and a secret that could get her killed. 

My Review:
I was pretty excited to read this book. That synopsis went from 0 to 60 in zero seconds flat, and then it dialed things back down, and I just wanted to know what the heck was going on! And yeah, it was such a fantastic mystery! 

One complaint that I have, which, reading other reviews, says I'm not alone in, is the fact hat Scarlet can't remember anything before age 4. Almost nobody can, that's not something shocking. I can barely remember what happened last week. If it had been age 8, that would've been a bit more believable. 

The past that she can't remember and that is a threat to her now, is of a cult, and the fact that she was supposed to be a sacrifice. So that's a pretty terrifying situation, and it makes sense with the white dress, because cults and sacrifice makes me think ritual. 

I enjoyed her and Noah, it was a pretty insta-lovey, and the whole truth behind their meeting was about the ultimate you can get for sketchy. They were a really enjoyable couple to read about, and I enjoyed their romance! 

Really enjoyed reading this book, and I really need to read more of Natasha Preston's books! 

Author: Natasha Preston
Read: January 29th, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2022 Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: August 3rd 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!