Saturday, September 3, 2022

Week 35 Review: Blade Breaker

From Goodreads:
In the sequel to Victoria Aveyard's instant #1 New York Times bestselling Realm Breaker, a divided world must rally, an unstoppable enemy must be defeated, and the fate of the world rests on a blade's edge.

Andry, a former squire, continues to fight for hope amid blood and chaos.

Dom, a grieving immortal, strives to fulfill a broken oath.

Sorasa, an outcast assassin, faces her past when it returns with sharpened teeth.

Valtik, an old sorceress, summons a mighty power.

And Corayne, a pirate's daughter with an ancient magic in her blood, steps closer to becoming the hero she's destined to be.

Together they must assemble an army to face Queen Erida and Taristan's wicked forces. But something deadly waits in the shadows, something that might consume the world before there's any hope for victory.

The sequel to the instant #1 New York Times bestselling Realm Breaker features breathless action, deadly twists, and gripping magic, making it perfect for fans of Garth Nix and J. R. R. Tolkien. 

My Review:
Oh, I was really excited to read this book! After the events of the first one, I had to know what was going to happen next! And I wanted to spend more time with all these characters, especially Valtik, because we weren't introduced to some of them until the second half of Realm Breaker. And we did learn more about them, like why Sorasa was ousted from the assassin's group. 

I was really rooting for these characters. They have a really important, huge, impossible task, against very bad odds. I didn't know how they were going to deal with it, but I was happy to be along for the journey! And boy, was it a journey! 

There was so much going on in this book! There were politics aplenty, given that the enemy, Taristan was working with Erida, and she's queen and all.  That we saw her side (her perspectives were my least favourite part, they infuriated me!) as well as everybody else just added a great layer to this book in seeing everything that was going on! 

I knew going in that this book would have an evil ending, that's what Victoria Aveyard is known for. But oh, this was a hard one to read. And evil, because there's the wait for the next book, and I just want to know what's going to happen next!

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait for book 3! 

Author: Victoria Aveyard
Series: Realm Breaker 
Read: August 27th, 2022
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: June 28th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!