Saturday, April 21, 2012

Week 16 Review: Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink

From Goodreads:
A story of crushes, corsets, and conspiracy 

Libby Kelting had always felt herself born out of time. No wonder the historical romance-reading, Jane Austen-adaptation-watching, all-around history nerd jumped at the chance to intern at Camden Harbor, Maine’s Oldest Living History Museum. But at Camden Harbor Libby's just plain out of place, no matter how cute she looks in a corset. Her cat-loving coworker wants her dead, the too-smart-for-his-own-good local reporter keeps pushing her buttons, her gorgeous sailor may be more shipwreck than dreamboat — plus Camden Harbor's haunted. Over the course of one unforgettable summer, Libby learns that boys, like ghosts, aren't always what they seem.

My Review:
This was a really adorable book! I just enjoyed it a lot! So good and loveable! And cute! Just loved everything about it, and I'm so glad that I got it from NetGalley, though I wish I could post this review to NetGalley!

So Libby was a really awesome character to read about! She has her best friend, who was cute and funny all on his own, let along with Libby. And then Libby's at Camden Harbor, which she built up to be pretty awesome, it's not what she expected. Some parts are worse, and some things, just unexpected!

Loved that mystery, and the elements of supernatural that crept into this book, that I had no idea that it'd happen till it did, which made it all the much better! And yeah, when it all came together, it was just such a fantastic book!

I just loved reading this book, it was really good, and I'm hearing hints of a sequel, which would be really awesome-this was a really great book, and I'd love to spend more time in this world!

Author: Stephanie Kate Strohm
Read: April 16th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: It sounded really good, and it's a DAC book!
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Expected Publication: May 8th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!