Saturday, April 28, 2012

Week 17 Review: A Temptation of Angels

From Goodreads:
Even angels make mistakes in this page-turning epic romance

When her parents are murdered before her eyes, sixteen-year-old Helen Cartwright finds herself launched into an underground London where a mysterious organization called the Dictata controls the balance of good and evil. Helen learns that she is one of three remaining angelic descendants charged with protecting the world's past, present, and future. Unbeknownst to her, she has been trained her whole life to accept this responsibility. Now, as she finds herself torn between the angelic brothers protecting her and the devastatingly handsome childhood friend who wants to destroy her, she must prepare to be brave, to be hunted, and above all to be strong, because temptation will be hard to resist, even for an angel.

Michelle Zink masterfully weaves historical fantasy with paranormal romance to create a gripping tale of love and betrayal.

My Review:
Oh, this was a really fantastic book! And I'd really love a sequel! Because I really loved these characters, this world, and everything about this book! It was just so fantastic! And so readable! And loveable!

So Helen is introduced to this world quite rudely-through the deaths of her parents, and her run from danger. And while she's been trained on how to be a part of this world, she didn't know that. But she does have those skills, as she learns more about this world!

This was really addicting! The pages were just not flying by fast enough for me, my eyes were absorbing and passing over translation over to my brain, fast enough, and yeah, when it ended, I was sad, because I wanted more!

And I still want more, this was a great book in a great world, and I really want more!

Author: Michelle Zink
Read: April 27th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I loved her Prophecy of the Sisters series, and it's a YAHFC book, and a LLFL book!
Publisher: Dial Books for Young Readers
Published: March 20th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!