Saturday, April 21, 2012

Week 16 Review: The Replacement

From Goodreads:
Mackie Doyle is not one of us. Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is fighting to survive in the human world.

Mackie would give anything to live among us, to practice on his bass or spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem. He must face the dark creatures of the Slag Heaps and find his rightful place, in our world, or theirs.

My Review:
This was a really creepy book! That was easy to guess from the title, the cover, the synopsis. But even all of those together, they just don't get how creepy this book was! It was magnificent in its creepiness!

These characters were really excellent! This is the first book by Brenna Yavonoff, but it won't be the last, because I loved reading about all of these characters, learning their strengths and weaknesses! And combined with the really spectacular writing, yeah, this won't be my, or others, I bet, last Brenna Yavonoff book!

Loved how it ended, because it took the threads that were going on, and then knotted them together, and then did what you always do with a pack of knots-cut through it. And then it ended, and it was just really great! Loved it!

This was a really fantastic book, and yeah that I'm going to be reading her next book soon, as it's going to be the 2nd review I'll be writing after this! Yeah!

Author: Brenna Yovanoff
Read: April 19th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounds absolutely amazing, and it's a LLFL book!
Publisher: Razorbill/Penguin Group
Published: September 21st 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!