Saturday, April 14, 2012

Week 15 Review: Dark Kiss

From Goodreads:
I don't do dangerous.  Smart, über-careful, ordinary Samantha-that's me. But I just couldn't pass up a surprise kiss from my number-one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me...something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It's like part of me is missing-and I don't know if I can get it back. Then there's Bishop. At first I thought he was just a street kid, but the secrets he's keeping are as intense as his unearthly blue eyes. If he's what I think he is, he may be the only one who can help me. But something terrifying is closing in, and the one chance Bishop and I have to stop it means losing everything I ever wanted and embracing the darkness inside me.... NIGHTWATCHERS When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising...

My Review:
I just devoured this book, that was how good it was!!! There was a very unique and fun plot with angels and demons working together, and strangeness, and The Hollow, which is something new, and how Hell apparently has standards. And how Darks could suck souls out with a kiss, that they hunger for it. Well, yeah, really great! And unique!

Samantha changed the night Stephan kissed her. She grew cold, and she was hungry all the time. And after some starts of conflicts with her best friends ex-boyfriend, angels and demons come into the picture, and even though she doesn't like the ritual-after all, they do get stabbed by the dagger-she sticks around to find the other 2 members, angel and demon in order of finding, after Kraven. Who just happens to be Bishop's brother. And then the ending, where Bishop said the reason why he got to be an angel, and Kraven became a demon was becasue Bishop killed Kraven, well, that's going to make the next book really good!!

The angels and demons come, and she learns about her parentage, is caught between the angel she loves and the demon who is her aunt. And things escalate when Carly is changed into a Dark, and she feeds on some souls. And when it's discovered that Bishop has become a fallen angel, and has a soul-after Sam kisses him and takes a bit of that soul. Yeah, action packed! Those poor 2!!

And the ending, well, it really set up for the next book, but there's a bit of hope! It's strange to think that it took place over 1 day! I loved it, and so I hope you guys check it out!

Author: Michelle Rowen
Series: Nightwatches #1
Read: April 12th-13th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: It sounded really good! And creepy!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Expected Publication: May 22nd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!