Saturday, April 3, 2021

Week 13 Review: Isla and the Happily Ever After

From Goodreads:
Love ignites in the City That Never Sleeps, but can it last? 

Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart. 

Featuring cameos from fan-favorites Anna, Étienne, Lola, and Cricket, this sweet and sexy story of true love—set against the stunning backdrops of New York City, Paris, and Barcelona—is a swoonworthy conclusion to Stephanie Perkins's beloved series.

My Review:
Man, this was another fantastic read! I've really enjoyed this series, and I had to reread the first two since it was so long since I read them, but now I was able to read this one, and it was such a great read! Loved being back in Paris, and seeing some of this crew again!

Josh has some issues, and we knew that from Anna and the French Kiss. But now that most of them have graduated, and he's still there, well, things have gotten worse. And when he and Isla start their relationship, well, that causes problems.

Not to say that there weren't other problems. Isla has had feelings for Josh for a while, and only because of her surgery did she approach him. She's a insecure about him, and I just wanted to get them both a big hug and let them know that it'd be alright. 

That ending was really perfect, I loved how it wrapped everything up with Isla and Josh, and that we got to bring all 3 couples together. It was just the perfect ending to this trilogy, and I really adored it, though I'm sad to say goodbye to these characters! 

This was a really great read, and a great end to the series, and I can't wait to read more by Stephanie Perkins! 

Author: Stephanie Perkins
Series: Anna and the French Kiss #3
Read: March 28th, 2021
Source: NetGalley/Own
Reason Why: Finally finishing this series! And it's a End of Series 2021 Book, NetGalley Book to Read in 2021 and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Speak
Published: August 14th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!