Saturday, April 3, 2021

Week 13 Review: In Other Lands

From Goodreads:
Sometimes it's not the kid you expect who falls through to magicland, sometimes it's . . . Elliott. He's grumpy, nerdy, and appalled by both the dearth of technology and the levels of fitness involved in swinging swords around. He's a little enchanted by the elves and mermaids. Despite his aversion to war, work, and most people (human or otherwise) he finds that two unlikely ideas, friendship and world peace, may actually be possible. 

My first review of 
In Other Lands
My Review:
I loved reading this book again! I had to reread it, but I wasn't planning on it. But it called to me, so I had to read it again. And it was just as amazing and wonderful as it was the first time! I love Elliott, Serene, and Luke! 

Oh, Elliot, he's such a fun character to read about-as long as his sharp words aren't aimed at you. A pacifist that makes war with words not weapons. And he can be really cruel, but it's a smart wit, so I'm always laughing at what he's saying.

I love the relationships the gang had. We watch them all grow up throughout this book, from 13 to 17, and a lot happens. From Elliott and Serene's romance, to Luke coming out as gay, to them finding out that he had a harpy for a dad. Yeah, we got to see some incredible moments.

I almost wanted to cry for Elliott a lot of the time. He's alone, and nobody really chooses him first, starting with his parents. And he tries and fails at romance a few times throughout. But I was like, just wait and see, you're going to have an amazing relationship at the end of all this. Just make it though and you'll have what you want. So that was fun! I just love Elliot and Luke's relationship! 

This was a wonderful book, and I would love to have more time in this world! 

Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
First Read: December 1st, 2018
Read: April 2nd, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a SAC 2021 Book!
Publisher: Big Mouth House
Published: July 17th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!