Saturday, July 16, 2011

Week 28 Review: The Ugly Duckling

From Goodreads:
Plain, soft-spoken Nell Calder isn't the type of woman to inspire envy, lust, or murderous passions. Until one night when Nell's life, dreams, and futures are shattered by a spray of bullets and the razor edge of a blade. Though badly hurt, Nell emerges from the nightmare a woman transformed, with an exquisitely beautiful face and a strong, lithe body, while Nicholas Tanek, a mysterious stranger, givers her a reason to go on living. But divulging the identity of her assailant to Nell might just be the biggest mistake of Tanek's life. For he will find his carefully laid plans jeopardized by Nell's daring to strike out on her own. And Nell will find her mission imperiled by Tanek's dangerous magnetism, a temptation to which she cannot afford to surrender.

My Review:
This was a really good book. I enjoyed reading it, and I really wanted to hurt the bad guys. I really loved the characters, they were really funny in their personalities, and what they did.

I enjoyed this book, and I really liked the writing style, though there's one thing that happens in this author's books a lot, was the word, moistened, in terms of lips. It's just something that annoys me for some reason, I don't know why. I've only noticed it with Johansen, but it's the only thing I don't like, the rest, the action, the loss, and the unique characters, I loved!

Author: Iris Johansen
Read: July 9th-10th, 2011
Source: Own
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and I love reading Iris Johansen's books!
Publisher: Bantom Books
Published: December 1996
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!