Saturday, July 9, 2011

Week 27 Review: Immortalis Carpe Noctem

From Goodreads:
Explore the emotional upheaval that is the transformation from human to vampire.

Bleeding to death after brutal mugging on the campus of UNLV, Twenty-five year old Alyssa, is rescued by the cold and aloof, vampire, Lysander. Taking pity on her, he shares the gift-and curse-of immortality. She awakens as a vampire and is soon devastated by harsh realities of her new way of life: An unyielding thirst for blood as well as the loss of her friends, her independence, and her humanity.

As if having her humanity stripped away was not enough to make life interesting, Alyssa finds out her "turning", did not go unnoticed by the rest of undead society. Old enemies; an ancient sect of vampire hunters, known as the Acta Sanctorum, as well as a powerful Vampire mistress, each set plans in motion to destroy both Alyssa and Lysander.

Only by accepting her new-found immortality, seizing the night, will Alyssa hope to survive. She and Lysander must fight together against two sets of enemies bent on destroying them both.

My Review:
Wow. First, let me thank Katie for sending me book 1 and 2 (which'll make reading book 3, Pandora's Box for the Pandora's Box Blitz Tour much easier) Let me explain something. I got the books around 9:30 on the 8th. I was done by 1:30 am today. Plus I was reorganizing my bookshelves, so now they aren't almost touching the ceiling as much, and the ones I got from my granny, and the ones I got at the library book sale, weren't one the couch anymore, and were actually on the shelves. Plus the 2 BookMooch books that I got yesterday :) But anyway. I read this book pretty quickly, and I might have to edit this post before the 12th to add the review for the second book.

Lysander wasn't the typical male character. He wasn't like Edward (about 1800 years older then him, and no offence to Edward, since I'm one of the people who likes the Twilight series) being dark, gloomy, and mysterious.

Well, he wasn't as obvious, he had an emotional wall that Alyssa had to break down, or scale, to see behind it. Boy, was that hard. He was used to hiding his emotions. Alyssa was good for him. And he was good for Alyssa. They were a perfect pair even though they tried to fight it.

I liked how the vampire myth was similar to the general concept nowadays, that nothing can really harm the vampires, ext. But there was a little twist. It wasn't the blood per say that was what they needed to drink-it was the life energy that they needed. And I liked that. It gave the concept of vampires in this series it's own special touch, separating it from the rest of the pack. I liked that.

This was a good book, and I really enjoyed reading it, and you'd better check it out people! Look for my review of book 2, Hunters and Prey, soon, and on the 12th, the Pandora's Box Blitz Tour!

Author: Katie Salidas
Series: Immortalis #1
Read: July 8th, 2011
Source: Author for Review
Reason Why: Loved the 2nd book, and then I got a chance to read this one, yeah!
Publisher: Rising Sign Books
Published: July 1st 2010
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!