Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Once Upon a Read-A-Thon Mini Challenge 2

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon
Ok, there's going to be 2 parts of this, since this time, there's 2 challenges that require blog posts.

The first is from Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing, and it asks for recommendations.

The first, a book I'd love to tell about is Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon. It should be read and loved because what if you imagined the best plot in the world, with the best characters, that just blew you away, and it was half  (about 300 pages) historic unrequited love and lust (and confusions of the 2,) and the Greek Gods and a unique twist to them, and half was modern day paranormal romance, then you have Acheron at it's basic core. There's so much more to it though! It has awesome diologue and humour, and it has the most amazing characters in the universe, and it's very, very long! The hardback copy that I have, has over seven hundred pages! Plus, it's a part of a very long series, it's the 15. It was what introduced me to the author (she's one of my top favs) and I read it in one day, even though it was that thick. So it's a great read!

The second book, a book I read for Once Upon a Read-A-Thon is Misfit by Jon Skavron. It had a really unique twist on demons that I really, really enjoyed, and I just loved reading it!

The second part from Wicked Awesome Books askes for a love match from characters who are in 2 completly different books. My love match would be from the possesive ex-boyfriend whose name I don't remember and can't find from Nevermore by Kelly Creagh and I think her name is Sarah from the 13 to Life series by Shannon Delaney. Sorry I don't remember for sure their names. But they're both viewed as almost bad guys in their books, by their actions, and who they were/are, and I think that they could do well with each other. Maybe take over the world or something. Yep.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating in the Matchmaker mini challenge!!

    I cannot stand Sarah! And if this no-named possessive ex-boyfriend from Nevermore deserves anyone, it's Sarah. Two not so great people totally deserve each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    And that's why I put them together! Maybe together they could maybe redeem themselves. I like people becoming good in books :) Even if they'd never meet. Makes me a bit sad now that I think about it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!