Saturday, July 30, 2011

Week 30 Review: Kiss of Death

From Goodreads:
A young woman's body is found with puncture marks on her neck, and soon the delicious word vampire is on everyone's lips. All of FBI profiler Sophie Anderson's skills—psychic and psychological—will be needed for her to determine whether this was a thrill kill or something even more sinister.

Exploring the blood bars and Goth clubs of L.A., Sophie immerses herself in the seductive culture of self-styled vampires. Posing as the alluring Lady Veronica and infiltrating a notorious clan, Sophie will learn just how deep the fantasy goes for some believers.


When life requires death, nothing is sacred.


My Review:
Sophie is a wonderful character. I loved her strength, and her willingness to put aside virtual anything in her life to try and solve the violent crimes that she's called in to profile. I loved the way she interacted with other characters, and the plot, and how her relationship with Darren developed.

This book was a bit different from the others, because we learned a bit more about the physic abilities that Sophie possesses, and not from the regular source of Darren, but that of the suspects, the "vampires" who saw her power.

The plot was excellent, if the beginning was a bit slow, I was tired, and I finished the ending pretty quickly, considering.

This was an awesome book, one that you guys should really check out (plus the first 4 books, and the next part, an e-book novella)

Author: P.D. Martin
Series: Sophie Anderson #5
Read: July 20th-23rd, 2011
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love this series, and the author!
Publisher: Mira
Published: July 20th 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!