Saturday, July 30, 2011

Week 30 Reviews: Fade, Gone


From Goodreads:
SOME NIGHTMARES NEVER END.

For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck.


Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open -- but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.


Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability -- and it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a dream catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd feared....


From Goodreads:
Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she'd made her peace with it. But she can't handle dragging Cabel down with her.

She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He's amazing. And she's a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves: She has to disappear. And it's going to kill them both.

Then a stranger enters her life — and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she'd ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils. And time is running out. . . .


My Reviews:
These books were really good, and different. The first being the second in the series was outside forces affecting the characters, the second being the third and last in the series was more inward, reflective.

I loved the purpose-fullness of Fade, how they had an assignment, and they were going to take down a criminal, and at the same time, I loved the emotional choices that had to be made, and how it all boiled down to 1.

These were both excellent books, and I loved the characters, and how they reacted to what life threw at them.

I really enjoyed the coach getting what he deserved, and the same of the other teachers. They were scum-bags who deserved to be thrown in jail!

The last book, I thought, Janie made the right choice for her. She was going to go with the one that maybe wouldn't have been best for her, but in the end, I think that she picked the one that would be best for her.

Great books, and ones that I should've read a long time ago, I read Wake a few years ago. And I hope you guys read these ones, too!

Author: Lisa McMann
Series: Dream Catcher #2, 3
Read: July 27th-28th, 28th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded really fantastic!
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: February 10th 2009, February 9th 2010

Fade:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Gone:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!