Saturday, July 2, 2011

Week 26 Review: Starcrossed

From Goodreads:
How do you defy destiny?

Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.


As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.

My Review:
I need to read the next book, Dreamless. Seriously. First I waited to buy and read this book, after reading the 99 pages that was on the publisher's site, which ENDED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SENTENCE (by the way, the last 3 words in the sentence are "person behind her.")  Now I have to wait for the next book to come out! Have I mentioned that I'm not very patient? I really, really, really, really, really, really hate waiting!!!

But the point of that rant it, that I LOVE THIS BOOK VERY MUCH! It was so awesome! I'll be rereading it as soon as I can!! (Still have to read 3 of this week's books today, but I don't care, plus the other 2 books I got.)

I loved Helen, I loved Lucas, I loved the myths, and the plot and everything about it! It was so great!!!!!! It was heart wrenching, addicting, and just plain entertaining! This book struck a cord in me, one that it stuck to, and kept pulling and pulling, that I couldn't take my eyed off of!

Read this book if you haven't already, because I loved it!!!! (Which doesn't mean that you'll love it, just that you should read it because it deserves to be read!):

Author: Josephine Angelini
Series: Starcrossed #1
Read: July 1st, 2011
Source: Bought
Reason Why: The excerpt was just so freaking amazing!
Publisher:  Harper Teen
Published: May 31st 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!