Friday, July 29, 2011

First Lines Friday #3, July 29th

First Lines Friday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie of Precision Reviews. We encourage all of our fellow book bloggers and bookhearts to play along.
  • Grab your current read(s)
  • Share the first line(s)
  • Include the title and author so that other FLF participants can add the book to their TBR Lists

"I used to be someone,. Someone named Jenna Fox. That's what they tell me. But I am more than a name, More than they tell me. More than the facts and statistics they fill me with. Morre than the video clips they make me watch. More. But I'm not sure what." -The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

And that's basically all I have this week. No other new books, but I'm most likely going to have finished this book by the time this post goes up, so here's another, just in case.
"'We're here,' Iyrs said. I looked around. The surrounding jungle bulged with life. Overgrown green bushes blocked our bath, vines hung from the tree canopy, and the constant chatter and trill of jungle birds beat at my ears. Small furry creatures, who had been following us through the jungle, peeked at us from their hiding spots behind huge leaves." -Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder

Oh, I am enjoying both of these books! I need more! What about you guys? Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hope Jenna finds out what she is. There's got to be more.

    Thanks for participating in FLF, Louisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, she does :) but you'll have to read the book :)

    And I like book memes!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!